Language Learning & Technology
Permanent URI for this community
Language Learning & Technology is a refereed journal that began publication in July 1997. LLT disseminates research to foreign and second language educators worldwide on issues related to technology and language education.
- Language Learning & Technology is sponsored and funded by the Center for Language & Technology and the National Foreign Language Resource Center (NFLRC) at the University of Hawai‘i.
- Language Learning & Technology is a refereed journal with an editorial board of scholars in the fields of second language acquisition and computer-assisted language learning. The focus of the publication is not technology per se, but rather issues related to language learning and language teaching, and how they are affected or enhanced by the use of technologies.
- Back and current issues of Language Learning & Technology are indexed in the Current Contents/Social and Behavioral Sciences, ISI Alerting Services, Institute for Scientific Information's (ISI) Social Sciences Citation Index (SSCI), Linguistics Abstracts, PsycINFO, and Social Scisearch databases.
- Since 2007, Language Learning & Technology has ranked in the top 20 Linguistics journals and in the top 20 Education journals in the Thomson Reuters Journal Citation Reports.
- Starting in 2022, Language Learning & Technology will publish using a Continuous Article Publication (CAP) model.
Collections of this Community
1 - 10 of 80
Language Learning & Technology DocumentsPublic documents used for Language Learning & Technology submissions and reporting.
Language Learning & Technology Reports
Voices from LLTA collection of media (podcasts, videos, etc.) about the journal.
Volume 01 Number 1, July 1997 Special Issue: Defining the Research Agenda – Language Learning and TechnologyEdited by Mark Warschauer
Volume 01 Number 2, January 1998Edited by Mark Warschauer
Volume 02 Number 1, July 1998Edited by Lucinda Hart-González, Co-Editor
Volume 02 Number 2, January 1999Edited by by Irene Thompson, Mark Warschauer, & Lucinda Hart-González
Volume 03 Number 1, July 1999Edited by Mark Warschauer and Irene Thompson
Volume 03 Number 2, January 2000 Special Issue The Role of Computer Technology in Second Language Acquisition ResearchEdited by Mark Warschauer and Irene Thompson
Volume 04 Number 1, May 2000 Special Issue The Role of Computer Technology in Second Language Acquisition Research (Part 2)Edited by Mark Warschauer, Irene Thompson, and Dorothy Chun