Palapala: a journal for Hawaiian language and literature
Permanent URI for this community
Palapala publishes scholarly, refereed articles on the full range of topics in the field of Hawaiian language:
- New research in Hawaiian language and literature
- Reviews of new work related to Hawaiian
- Critical reviews of older, standard works of reference
- Transcriptions and reprints of older materials
- Problems and guidelines in interpretation
- Analysis of Individual texts, genres, authors, schools, and periods
- Comparative Polynesian literature
- Education in Hawaiian language and literature
- Use of Hawaiian texts in different fields
The journal will also include reviews of any significant technologies relating to research in Hawaiian language and literature as well as book reviews and reports on the state of Hawaiian literature publications, courses, personnel, projects and more.
All articles and reviews, whatever the language of composition, will be preceded by a brief summary in Hawaiian and English.
The journal will include reprints of important materials previously published in journals and Hawaiian language newspapers.
Submit your manuscript to: email@example.com
Editor: Jeffrey (Kapali) Lyon, Dept. of Religion, University of Hawaiʻi, Mānoa
Joseph (Keola) Donaghy, Ph.D.
Music Studies, Department of Humanities, University of Hawaiʻi Maui College
kuʻualoha hoʻomanawanui, Ph.D.
Hawaiian Literature, Department of English, University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa
ʻŌiwi Parker Jones, Ph.D.
Neuroscience and Linguistics, Wolfson College, University of Oxford
Hiapokeikikāne K. Perreira, Ph.D.
Hawaiian Language and Literature, Ka Haka ʻUla O Keʻelikōlani, University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo
Collections of this Community
Palapala Volume 1 (2017)Palapala: 2017 Papa Kuhikuhi ʻAoʻao
Palapala, Volume 2 (2018)