Internet and the Digital Economy
The Internet and Digital Economy (I&DE) track focuses on the ways in which the Internet affects people, groups, organizations, and societies (e.g., markets, social networks), as well as fundamental issues in the development and operation of the Internet and Internet applications (e.g., security, open source, and cloud).
Like many other tracks at HICSS, I&DE has a long history, dating to 1997 when it became a standalone minitrack. Over the years there have been over 60 different minitracks held and over 1200 research papers delivered. Among the variety of minitracks some of the key mainstays have included: E-Marketing, Online and Virtual Communities, Online and Cyber Security, Open Movements, Social Networks, Online Diffusion and Innovation, Web Analytics and general issues of E-Commerce, Mobile Commerce and the Digital Economy.
This year the track includes eight minitracks:
- Crowd-Based Platforms: Examines the design and effects of a variety of crowd-based platforms including crowdsourcing contest, online labor, crowdfunding marketplaces and online communities. Research in these areas originates from various methodologies such as econometrics, field or lab experimentation, field surveys, analytical model, or grounded theory approaches.
- Design Trends and Challenges Of Embedded System for Internet Of Things (IoT): Covers a number of challenges raised by the increasing complexity of IoT including questions revolving around: the design methodologies of embedded systems; communication networks; safety and security aspects; and service-oriented architectures.
- Diffusion, Impacts, Adoption and Usage of ICTs upon Society. Provides a “global” perspective of how ICTs are being diffused, used and adopted within society (households and social communities).
- Digital Supply Chain of the Future: Technologies, Applications and Business Models: Focuses on the rise and impact of the agile supply chain and the concomitant rise in smart products and services.
- Distributed Ledger Technology, The Blockchain: Deals with fundamental research revolving around the methods and techniques, issues, and key challenges, as well as organizational approaches for understanding the potential of DLTs for business models, value chains, emerging competitive landscapes and new start-ups employing this technology.
- Electronic Marketing. Focuses on understanding effective strategies for attracting customers, increasing their purchases, satisfaction and loyalty, as well as the responses and behavior of customers to various online marketing vehicles and consumer generated media.
- Game System Design and The Digital Economy: Provides a forum for researchers to discuss the design, use and impact of online games and their impact on modern business with specific interested in research on the impact of games and game design on business and the use of game-like systems in business activities
- Global, International, and Cross-Cultural Issues in IS. Focuses on the sociotechnical dynamics and the ways in which the Internet affects people, groups, organizations, and societies with particular emphasis on in the impact of global, international, and cross-cultural issues on ICT development, implementation and use across the globe. Innovative Behavioral IS Security and Privacy Research. Provides a venue for innovative research that rigorously addresses the risks to information system security and privacy, focusing on individual behaviors within this nomological net. Domains include work related to detecting, mitigating, and preventing both internal and external human threats to organizational security.
- Privacy, 5G and Economics: Provides a platform for academia, industry and government organizations to discuss ties and differences between the EU and the USA from a privacy, as well as an economic angle. This includes discussions on economic perspectives on the regulation in Europe and across the US and on user’ right to privacy with regards to collection, retention, analysis and transfer of personal data.
- Social Shopping: The Good, The Bad and the Ugly: Explores insights and develops theoretical understanding of the topics and issues related to the influence of OSN on consumption orientated shopping decisions.
- Truth and Lies: Deception and Cognition on The Internet: Examines deception on the Internet, and why individuals fall prey to it. While the focus is on the effects of deception on the Internet, other perspectives on fake information are included, especially those that offer ideas on how to mitigate the flood of deception and/or reduce the chances that individuals will be deceived.
- Wearable Technology and the Internet of Everything: Addresses issues related to the coming of the: IoE, IoT and IoP including and other things consumer adoption of wearable and embeddable technologies.
Dataffiti and Teuvonet Technologies
Collections within this community
Distributed Ledger Technology, the Blockchain
Game System Design and the Digital Economy
Global, International, and Cross-Cultural Issues in IS
Innovative Behavioral IS Security and Privacy Research
Privacy, 5G and Economics
Social Shopping: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
The Diffusions, Impacts, Adoption and Usage of ICTs upon Society
The Digital Supply Chain of the Future: Technologies, Applications and Business Models
Truth and Lies: Deception and Cognition on the Internet
Wearable Technology and the Internet of Everything
Browse the Community
Innovative Behavioral IS Security and Privacy R...9
Distributed Ledger Technology, the Blockchain9
The Diffusions, Impacts, Adoption and Usage of ...7
Social Shopping: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly5
Privacy, 5G and Economics5
Truth and Lies: Deception and Cognition on the ...4
Global, International, and Cross-Cultural Issue...4
The Digital Supply Chain of the Future: Technol...
- next >