Birds of Pu'uhonua o Honaunau National Historical Park

dc.contributor.author Morin, Marie P. en_US
dc.date.accessioned 2009-03-24T00:40:06Z
dc.date.available 2009-03-24T00:40:06Z
dc.date.issued 1996-05 en_US
dc.description Reports were scanned in black and white at a resolution of 600 dots per inch and were converted to text using Adobe Paper Capture Plug-in. en_US
dc.description.abstract Twelve bird species were detected at 29 count stations located throughout Pu'uhonua o Honaunau National Historical Park. Each station was counted once during the fall of 1992 and again during the spring of 1993. Significantly higher bird numbers per station and more bird species per station were detected during the spring count. Two of the species (17%) were indigenous migratory shorebirds and the other ten (83%) were introduced non-native species. The high percent of non-native species in the avifauna, and conversely the lack of endemic or indigenous bird species, can be attributed directly or indirectly to centuries of human influence. en_US
dc.description.sponsorship National Park Service Cooperative Agreement CA 8002 2 9004 en_US
dc.identifier.citation Morin MP. 1996. Birds of Pu'uhonua o Honaunau National Historical Park. Honolulu (HI): Cooperative National Park Resources Studies Unit, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Botany. PCSU Technical Report, 106. en_US
dc.identifier.uri http://hdl.handle.net/10125/7358
dc.language.iso en-US en_US
dc.publisher Cooperative National Park Resources Studies Unit, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Botany en_US
dc.relation.ispartofseries Technical Report en_US
dc.relation.ispartofseries 106 en_US
dc.subject.lcsh Birds -- Hawaii -- Hawaii Island. en_US
dc.subject.lcsh Puʻuhonua o Hōnaunau National Historical Park (Hawaii) en_US
dc.subject.lcsh Bird surveys -- Hawaii -- Hawaii Island. en_US
dc.title Birds of Pu'uhonua o Honaunau National Historical Park en_US
dc.type Report en_US
dc.type.dcmi Text en_US
Files
Original bundle
Now showing 1 - 1 of 1
No Thumbnail Available
Name:
106.pdf
Size:
326.44 KB
Format:
Adobe Portable Document Format
Description:
License bundle
Now showing 1 - 1 of 1
No Thumbnail Available
Name:
license.txt
Size:
1.71 KB
Format:
Item-specific license agreed upon to submission
Description: