Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
Geothermal direct use, Kapoho / Pohoiki area : feasibility study
|2007 - Geothermal Direct Use Feasibility Study.pdf||2.93 MB||Adobe PDF||View/Open|
|Title:||Geothermal direct use, Kapoho / Pohoiki area : feasibility study|
|Authors:||Okahara & Associates, Inc.|
geothermal resource assessments
show 7 moreKilauea East Rift Zone
|LC Subject Headings:||Geothermal resources--Economic aspects--Hawaii|
|Date Issued:||Feb 2007|
|Publisher:||Okahara & Associates, Inc.|
|Citation:||Okahara & Associates, Inc. 2007. Geothermal direct use, Kapoho / Pohoiki area : feasibility study. Honolulu (HI): Okahara & Associates, Inc.|
|Abstract:||"This feasibility study investigated the following objectives in determining whether direct use of geothermal heat is feasible in the Kapoho / Pohoiki area of Puna on the Island of Hawaii.|
1. Identify geothermal direct use enterprises that are likely to be commercially viable, and acceptable to the Puna communities.
2. Identify possible sites that could be used for geothermal direct use businesses.
3. Identify possible geothermal resources in Kapoho outside of PGV's lease that could be utilized for geothermal direct use.
4. Estimate capital and operational costs.
5. Estimate viable unit costs for heat.
6. Identify positive and negative impacts on the community of a geothermal direct use enterprise park.
7. Research the legal basis for accessing the County of Hawaii's Geothermal Asset and Geothermal Royalty funds.
8. Develop a plan to promote the economic benefits of geothermal direct use in the County of Hawaii.
This study is Part 2 of a larger effort by the County of Hawaii Department of Research and Development (County) in cooperation with the Hawaii State Department of Business, Economic Development and Tourism (DBEDT) and the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) to develop direct uses of geothermal heat. It is hoped that geothermal direct use can be found technically and economically feasible in the Kapoho / Pohoiki area and will lead to the development of a geothermal enterprise park for the benefit of the Puna communities."
|Appears in Collections:||
The Geothermal Collection|
Please email email@example.com if you need this content in ADA-compliant format.
Items in ScholarSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.