Permanent URI for this community
Welcome to the Software Technology (ST) Track. This year we are proud to have a total of 15 minitracks on a wide variety of topics:
- Agile and Lean Discovery and Development: looks at how agile and lean teams interact with organizational structures, cultures and products, including how they interact with product groups, how they restructure, cultural changes, metrics for tracking, and how markets respond to them.
- Big Data Engineering: covers advances in the activities required to cost-effectively plan, design, build, evolve and manage big data systems including architectures, methods, advanced technologies, programming languages and models, governance, compliance, privacy and security.
- Cloud and the Internet of Things: Challenges and Opportunities: focuses on design issues and solutions for security aspects of cloud computing, bringing together researchers across engineering, management, social, and legal areas to discuss this paradigm shift.
- Cyber-of-Things: Cyber-crimes and Cyber-Security: focuses on identifying and validating solutions to access data from new technologies, investigating the impact these solutions have on industry, and understanding how technologies can be abused from a cyber-physical perspective.
- Cybersecurity and Software Assurance: explores the foundations for a discipline of software assurance to improve dependability. Assurance research focuses on achieving trust and confidence through auditable evidence that systems will be built and will function as intended in all environments.
- CyberWarfare: Offensive and Defensive Software Technologies: brings together technical and non- technical cyberwarfare researchers, academics, and practitioners in this field to discuss the mechanics and implications of offensive and defensive cyberwarfare activities.
- Deception, Digital Forensics, and Malware: explore digital media with the objective of finding evidence to support a criminal or administrative case. It involves the preservation, identification, extraction, and documentation of computer or network evidence.
- eSourcing of Business Processes and Software Products and Services: is interested in helping providers and customers to enhance their eSourcing maturity from simple cost-driven engagements to strategic partnerships bringing sustained value.
- IS Risk and Decision-Making: examines decision- making in IS and its impact on risk: the methods for risk-informed decision-making, the risk vs. cost trade-offs, schedule, performance, decisions about assurance and the cognitive biases of decision- makers and organizational culture.
- Metrics, Models, and Simulation for Cyber-Physical Systems: focuses on: a) technology investigation efficiency, b) technical integration and solution impact, c) the abuse of technology through cyber-physical attacks along with d) the cost effective analysis and evaluation of large data repositories.
- Mobile App Development: is devoted to (business) apps development and the technological background of mobile computing for corporate or other domain- specific non-consumer usage.
- Parallel Computing: Modern Trends in Research, Education, and Application: covers the latest trends in techniques, algorithms, architectures, infrastructures, processes and so forth that aim at making efficient use of parallel resources.
- Science Gateways and Portals: looks at tools, applications, and data integrated together via a portal or application, providing access to science resources/services for distributed data management and distributed computing infrastructures.
- Software Product Lines: Engineering, Services, and Management: focuses on business models, valuation, organizational and process design, knowledge management, service systems, and standardization initiatives related to product lines.
- Wireless Networks: focuses on fundamental challenges and issues arising in wireless sensor networks and their applications. Wireless sensor nodes and networks must provide solutions to practical problems, and must be both cost-effective and an improvement over previous practice.
We would like to thank our minitrack chairs and authors who once again have put together a truly compelling set of minitracks.
Computer Science Dept.
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
201 N. Goodwin Avenue
Urbana IL 61801-2302
Tel: (217) 244-3087
Fax: (217) 333-3501
Shidler College of Business
University of Hawai'i at Manoa
2404 Maile Way
Honolulu HI 96822
Tel: (808) 956-6948
Fax: (808) 956-9889
Collections of this Community
1 - 10 of 15
Agile and Lean Discovery and Development Minitrack
Big Data Engineering Minitrack
Cloud and Internet of Things: Challenges and Opportunities Minitrack
Cyber-of-Things: Cyber-Crimes and Cyber-Security Minitrack
Cybersecurity and Software Assurance Minitrack
CyberWarfare: Offensive and Defensive Software Technologies Minitrack
Deception, Digital Forensics, and Malware Minitrack
eSourcing of Business Processes, Software Products,and Services Minitrack
IS Risk and Decision-Making Minitrack
Metrics, Models, and Simulation for Cyber-Physical Systems Minitrack