Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
Proposal for technical advisory services for geothermal resource assessment
|1991 - Proposal for Geothermal Resource Assessment Weiss Associates.pdf||809.48 kB||Adobe PDF||View/Open|
|Title:||Proposal for technical advisory services for geothermal resource assessment|
geothermal resource assessment
Kilauea East Rift Zone
|LC Subject Headings:||Geothermal resources--Hawaii|
Renewable energy sources--Hawaii
|Citation:||Weiss Associates. 1991. Proposal for technical advisory services for geothermal resource assessment. Emeryville (CA): Weiss Associates.|
|Abstract:||"Submitted to: Mr. M. E. Towill, Director, Department of Business, Economic Development and Tourism. Attention: Energy Division."|
"The tasks in the Scope of Work presented in the DBED RFP are presented below along
with our suggested modifications (in bold type) which we believe will significantly enhance the overall effectiveness of the GRAP given the heightened environmental concerns in Hawaii.
These suggested modifications are proposed for DBED's consideration and acceptance. The Weiss Associates team will assist DBED and DLNR in:1. Establishing priorities among available resource assessment methods in a technical and cost-effective manner.
2. Planning the direction and management of the Scientific Observation Hole (SOH) program.
3. Evaluating the SOH drilling methodology with cost-effectiveness being a major criterion.
4. Designing and planning appropriate well tests, surface and aerial surveys, and/or mapping projects.
5. Providing technical guidance to the geothermal\cable master plan and EIS being prepared by ERCE.
6. Providing technical guidance relative to the planning and design of the geothermal\cable project by the consortium to develop 500 megawatts of geothermal electrical power in the KERZ and the Hawaiian Electric Company.
7. Making reasonable judgements and to reach objective, scientifically supported conclusions about the extent and characteristics of geothermal resources.
8. Advise DBED and DLNR on well-field design and management practices to assist them in adopting appropriate policies, standards, and design criteria to avoid overproduction and premature depletion of the geothermal resources.
|Appears in Collections:||The Geothermal Collection|
Items in ScholarSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.